Refrigeration and Cold Chain Industries in Indian Subcontinent Anticipate Massive Surge in Business with REFCOLD India 2019
• The platform to showcase latest innovations as future drivers for refrigeration industry
• Major end-users of Indian cold chain industry like AL-Kabeer (India’s largest meat exporter), Bulk Drugs Manufacturers Association of India and GADRE Premium Seafood (India’s largest premium seafood exporter) endorse REFCOLD India 2019
• Various subsidy schemes made available by the Government of India through MoFPI, NHB, NHM, APEDA and other bodies for boosting industry operations
REFCOLD India, South Asia’s largest cold chain and refrigeration event, is the happening destination for innovation in products and services, training and education and business networking for the entire food industry. Over 15,000 decision makers and innovators from retail, food service, processing, production, distribution, logistics and transportation representing frozen, refrigerated, ambient and fresh operations would attend the prime convention pertaining to their industry.
This year’s REFCOLD India would take place at Hyderabad, Telangana on November 21-23, 2019. The state of Telangana boasts of a robust infrastructure, an international airport, four food parks, 146 industrial parks, 27 SEZs and two agri-export zones, thereby making it the perfect destination to bring the entire sector under a single roof.
Over the course of three days at REFCOLD India, exhibition, seminars and workshops will combine to deliver the most valuable and comprehensive business-to-business networking event, serving the perishables industry with opportunities to connect with key buyers that produce, handle, store, transport or are involved in the distribution of perishable products. Two principal highlights of the event are:
REFCOLD Business Summit – to provide great business opportunities to exhibitors to connect with top industry buyers.
REFCOLD Innovation Hub – platform for exhibitors and partners to showcase their innovations that have the power to transform the cold chain and refrigeration industry.
Overview of Indian Market: Opportunities and Challenges
The Cold Chain and Refrigeration market in India is expected to reach US$ 658.59 Bn by 2022. The transformation of traditional perishables business through integrated cold chain solutions would have a great impact on the market scenario and overall growth, in a country where 60% of the population is currently employed in agriculture.
Along with a plethora of promises, this sector also faces certain challenges. Fragmentation of warehouses and third-party logistics reduce their operational efficiency, hence integrated logistics solutions for end to end supply chain become imperative. To transform these shortcomings into opportunities, experts need to realign space and network modelling, logistics and value addition facilities to match cold chain requirements. Through efficient operations, one can steer the opportunities in the current market, which are plenty, as the demands are very promising and the expected growth at CAGR of 13-16% provides great momentum for existing and new players.
Key Growth Drivers
• Through cold chain logistics, distribution goes far and wide and in larger volumes, resulting into higher demand and consumption of dairy, meat, poultry and marine foods
• By 2020, the Indian dairy industry is expected to double to US$ 140 bn
• By 2020, Indian food and retail market is projected to touch US$ 828.92 bn
• 100% foreign direct investment allowed in multi-brand retail business of locally sourced processed food
• Growth in pharma products
• The projects identified under ports and shipping industry – the Sagarmala Programme – are expected to mobilize over US$ 61.6 bn of infrastructure investment
Way Forward for the Indian Cold Chain Industry
The cold chain industry has evolved over the years and has played an indispensable role to preserve, extend and ensure the high shelf life of products like fresh agricultural produce, seafood, frozen food, photographic films, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, ultimately boosting the Indian economy. The major driving force behind the growth of cold chain facilities in India is the growth of the end-user industries.
More Concurrent Events
• REFCOLD Emerson Awards Night – The awards night hosted by ISHRAE along with Emerson to honour innovative and outstanding energy efficient projects in the Cold Chain and Refrigeration Industry.
• Daikin Global Poster Competition – To provide a platform to national and international students to demonstrate their innovative ideas.
• REFCOLD Entrepreneurs’ Conclave – To create an ecosystem for entrepreneurship by industry experts.
• REFCOLD BIZ QUIZ – Technical and entertaining Business Quiz for HVAC&R professionals to display their knowledge of technical and business domains.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this publication / eBook/ content is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services, or related graphics contained in this publication / eBook/ content for any purpose. Any use of this information is at your own risk.